Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
At Oasis Academy Lister Park, our critical objective is to continue to diminish differences between Disadvantaged and Non-Disadvantaged pupils, by providing intensive literacy and numeracy support to raise attainment. Rigorous systems and early intervention provide strong focus on supporting academic progress and teaching staff are highly attuned to the barriers that many of our pupils face: Poor attendance and punctuality; Limited parental engagement; Poor language and communication skills; Lack of confidence and self-esteem; Behavioural difficulties. Regardless of the veritable array of barriers some of our pupils, our mantra of ‘High expectation – no excuses’ remains. It is our responsibility as educators to ensure that the most disadvantaged have access to the same, if not improved, access to opportunities than their non-disadvantaged counterparts.
The key principles are:
- To raise self-esteem and aspirations of pupils
- To accelerate academic progress to ensure there is no difference between Disadvantaged and Non-Disadvantaged pupils
- To enhance existing provision
- To identify concerns early and target support and interventions to accelerate progress
- To evaluate the impact of interventions and intervene quickly to maximise impact
- To raise parental engagement and support
- To provide a broad and varied curriculum to ensure
Funding and Impact
The funding for the Year 7 Catch Up cohort for Oasis Academy Lister Park for the academic year 2018/19 is £14,000. This is calculated at £500 per student per intervention.
For information on our catch-up premium, please click on the above buttons.
In this report you will find information on:
- How much premium our Academy received this year
- How we intend to spend the funding
- What we spent our funding on last year
- What difference this made to our students
- How we assessed the effect this had.