Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Oasis’ ethos is based on an overarching theme of Inclusion; welcoming, encouraging and enabling all to achieve their best whatever the challenges may be in doing so.
As an Academy we:
- Identify children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and ensure provision is made in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice
- Have an appointed SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator)
- Invest in whole Academy and targeted training for staff
- Ensure that teaching is inclusive and support practices are embedded throughout the Academy
- Ensure that all teachers understand that they are teachers of SEND
- Plan for transitions across all Key Stages
Who are my SEND points of contact at the academy?
SEND Leader: Mark Wrangles
As a parent myself, I know that choosing the right school for your child is a really important decision. If your child has Special Educational Needs, then this can make your decision seem even more critical. I have listed lots of information about the extra support that we can offer pupils with SEN, this list isn’t exhaustive but should help give you a picture of the efforts we put into ensuring that every pupil can succeed, whatever their needs.
I would urge all parents to visit Oasis Academy; have a look around, meet the staff, meet the pupils and soak up the atmosphere so you can confidently say ‘I can imagine my child coming here and being happy!’ If there is something that we can do to support your child and their SEN, then be reassured that we will endeavour to put this in place. We are constantly evolving and adapting our practice to meet the needs of our pupils. So please call me or the school SENCo Simon McDonagh email@example.com and arrange an appointment.
Contact the Academy - 01274 362050